The Valor Sample Chapter can be found here
Many of the people who play and develop Valor are scattered across the globe. To help facilitate easier play and testing of new rules and content as well as to just make playing the game easier, we’ve used Roll20 to schedule and play games online. To make this even easier, Valor co-creator Alan “Quinn” Gordon developed a Character Sheet for the platform, which is now available to the public. While this character sheet doesn’t have the full capabilities of the character builder application we are developing, it’s still a great tool for GMs to easily put together NPCs and players to put their own characters together. It does require the Valor core rulebook to use, but even if your game meets in person, this is a great tool to make the experience easier.
When starting a new game on Roll20, you’ll have the option to select a character sheet. Simply select “Valor” from the drop-down menu and you’re ready to go!
There are three parts of the Character sheet, Attributes, Skills and Flaws, and Techniques.
The attribute section will automatically calculate all of your attributes based on your level, skill selection, and primary attribute array. The level and type will also factor in, if you are playing a PC or Elite you will receive the full stats but if you select Soldier or Flunky you’ll note dramatically reduced skill point and stat totals to reflect the different enemy type.
The skills and flaws section lets you input skills and flaws. Every skill and flaw in the Core Rulebook is included, but no descriptions are present in the Character Sheet so players will need to refer to the rulebook for the effect. Any skills or flaws that directly effect your base stats will be automatically calculated into the character sheet. You can also input custom skills, in this case the level of the custom skill equals the amount of skill points it removes from your character.
Finally, the Technique tab makes the hardest part of Valor character creation much easier. You can select from any cores within the book and assign an attribute, which will determine how Modifiers and Limits interact with it. All Modifiers and Limits can be typed into the respective text boxes with a number at the end signifying their level. These inputs will populate the text section with a full description of the Technique, how to use it and what it does. While all modifiers are loaded into the Character Sheet, you will still need the core Valor rulebook for their names and the level requirements.
The Valor Character Sheet is completely free to use for anyone with a Roll20 account. While Valorous Games is not in any way affiliated with Roll20’s service, we use it quite a bit, and hope it will help some of you either for building characters and NPCs, or even for running whole games online with friends all over the world!
Hey Valor fans! We’ve got a number of announcements, so let’s dive right in!
- Official Errata: The official Errata has been released, and can be found here. We will be releasing a printable PDF document of the Errata in the coming weeks, as well as working to update the Valor Core Rulebook PDF to reflect the changes in the Errata.
- Roll20 Valor Character Sheet: We are pleased to announce that the Valor Character Sheet is now live on Roll20! This character sheet requires the Core Rulebook to be used properly, and will perform all stat calculations and Technique calculations based on the information you input. It will also allow you to create different classes of enemies such as Soldiers, Swarms and Masters, making it an excellent tool for GMs even if the builds are intended for offline games. The Character Sheet is the work of Valor co-creator Alan “Quinn” Gordon and has seen several years of development. The character sheet is up to date to all current Errata except for the minimum Stamina Cost to Healing Cores, which was rolled out too late to be added to the initial release and will be added at a later date. As a disclaimer, Valorous Games has no affiliation with Roll20, but we do use their product internally for a number of system tests.
- New Adventure Path – Best in Class: We are officially announcing our first Adventure Path, Best in Class! The cover art can be seen featured in this post. Our goal is to launch a Kickstarter for a print release in mid-April, with the Adventure launching later this year. Best in Class will be the first Adventure Path in our first official campaign setting, Valress. The world of Valress is a realm of fantasy and magic that has ascended to the modern era, and Best in Class follows the exploits of members of an elite university as they complete their studies to become full fledged Knights. We will roll out more information on the campaign setting as we approach the Kickstarter.
- Valor: Villains, Creatures and Foes Update: As many of you know, Valor: Villains, Creatures and Foes unfortunately failed to meet goal when it was on Kickstarter, but it does remain very much in development. We are raising funds in the background and working to complete the book. We are working to release adventure paths in the interim and bring out a number of other tools such as the Roll20 sheet to continue to support the system while we work toward releasing the next core book. We’ll have more news on this book as it approaches completion.
- Convention Appearances: We’re slowing increasing the number of conventions we attend! We’re working on adding a few more to our list and we’ll be posting up a full convention schedule soon! For now, we’ll continue to attend Sakura con in Seattle as we always have, and have added Kumoricon in Portland to our list. We hope to add more in the months to come!
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- October 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- September 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- July 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- April 2020
- August 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- April 2018
- April 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- April 2015